DJM built new custom douglas fir wood partitions with glazing throughout this 7000 sq ft office space that houses multiple non-profit tenants.
Featured restoration projects from across Ontario.
D.J. McRae provided construction services for St. James Anglican Cathedral for over 20 years under numerous Deans. We have completed additional work at other buildings they control including the crematorium and St James the Less Chapel. The Cathedral is a landmark building both for the Anglican Church and the City of Toronto. Change Bells: As a 200th Anniversary celebration, the Cathedral undertook this project and contracted D.J. McRae to be responsible for the installation of the bells within the tower. There were a total of 12 change-ringing bells, which were shipped over from Great Britain. 10 bells were originally cast in 1828 and came from St. James Bermondsey (London suburb) and two other bells were cast by Britain’s Whitechapel Foundry (who originally made the other 10 bells). Masonry: Pinnacle replacement, stone carving, stone brick replacement, pointing.
Roofing: Slate, copper roofing and flat roofing.
Painting: Interior painting various locations.
Demolition: Interior selective demolition including basement, church offices.
Complete interior restoration of St. James the Less included Joss cleaning of interior brick work, waterproofing, concrete, painting and wood work. * D.J. McRae received the Award of Merit from the Toronto Historical Board, and the Toronto Construction Association award for Project Restoration of the Year for the restoration of St. James the Less.
Masonry restoration, extensive underpinning and wood restoration were major components of this project. The basement was dug out which required a complex conveyor operation and constant maintenance. Stained glass restoration was also performed. Phase 2 Restoration Works D.J. McRae completed the Phase 2 exterior restoration of St. Francis de Sales Church for the Town of Ajax. The scope of work included a new asphalt-shingle roof, new slate roof on the bell tower, lead-coated copper flashings, masonry restoration, window restoration, below grade foundation repair and waterproofing, as well as landscape/parking.
This historic private residence in the Teddington Park neighbourhood was built in 1931. It has had a very storied history of owners in it’s almost 100 years of existence. DJM was contracted to provide masonry restoration on the main residence including repointing from the lowest stone courses up to the parapet, and mortar repairs on the base of the veranda columns.
Copyright © 1972 - 2022 D.J. McRae Contractors Ltd.Webflow website by North Designs
firstname.lastname@example.org Sunrise AveToronto, OntarioM4A 1B3 Canada(416) 532-3078