Located near Yonge & St Clair in the Deer Park neighbourhood of Toronto, this Church was built in 1922. DJM performed exterior wood door restoration on all the exterior doors as well as new wood heritage-replica doors, and many other various interior and exterior renovations throughout the building.
DJM teamed up with Historic Plaster Conservation Services who provided plaster consolidation to the dining room ceiling of this National Historic Site. Extensive protection was needed throughout the interior to protect the historic interior finishes from damage. McQuesten House / Whitehern is a superior example of the residential architecture of the mid-19th-century and is very much characteristic of large Ontario houses built during this period. The house was built in 1848 for Richard O. Duggan as the centrepiece of a residential estate. In 1852 it was purchased by Dr. Calvin McQuesten and remained in the McQuesten family until they donated it to the City of Hamilton in 1959
DJM provided stone cleaning services and repointing for the Elm St porte-cochère, and stone entrance columns on Mt Pleasant. The project was completed on a tight deadline with limited access.
DJM was awarded this project to replace 250+ original leaded windows with new metal replica insulated glass units (with lead tape). The project also included the restoration of 26 metal windows in the basement, masonry repointing throughout, stone dutchmen and stone crack repairs, and restoration of the decorative leaded glass upper units.
Copyright © 1972 - 2022 D.J. McRae Contractors Ltd.
Webflow website by North Designs